PyCon Lithuania 2024 Poster Session
Introduction to PyCon LT
Welcome to PyCon Lithuania 2024! As part of our commitment to fostering knowledge sharing and innovation within the Python community, we are excited to announce our Poster Session. This event is a fantastic opportunity for Python enthusiasts, researchers, and professionals to showcase their work and contribute to the ever-growing field of Python programming.
The Value of the Poster Session
The Poster Session at PyCon LT is more than just an exhibition; it's a vibrant platform for sharing ideas, discussing challenges, and showcasing applications of Python in various fields. By participating, you'll be engaging with a community eager to learn, share, and collaborate.
Do Python conferences have poster sessions?
Yes they do, multiple Python conferences around the world have poster sessions.
You have a look at PyCon US 2020 online poster session (includes actual posters).
Or have a look at the descriptions of the poster sessions of previous PyCon US conferences:
Call for Posters
We invite submissions of posters related to Python programming and its applications. Whether you're a seasoned developer, a researcher, or a student, your contributions are valuable to us.
Poster Design Specifications
- Python Code Snippets: We're all about the code! Start by showcasing your Python magic. Whether it's a cool function, an innovative algorithm, or a neat solution, let your code take center stage.
- Size and Orientation: Your canvas awaits - A1 size in portrait orientation is perfect for bringing your ideas to life.
- Visual Design: Let your creativity flow with clear, readable fonts and colors. Remember, a visually appealing and well-organized poster is a magnet for attention.
- Content Structure: Tell your story in a way that captivates. You might want to include these elements, but feel free to mix it up:
- Title (something that grabs attention)
- Author(s) (yep, that's you!)
- Abstract (optional, but handy for a quick overview)
- Introduction (set the scene)
- Objectives (what are you aiming to show?)
- Methodology (how did you approach it?)
- Results (the big reveal)
- Discussion (dive into what it all means)
- Conclusion (end with a bang)
- Visual Aids: Along with your use graphs, charts, and figures to make your Results and Discussion stand out. The more visual, the more engaging it is.
- Setup: Instructions regarding the time and place for setting up your posters will be provided closer to the event.
- Duration and Format: The poster session will be held for at least 4 hours on April 5.
- Engagement Tips: Be prepared to engage with attendees. Practice a brief summary of your work and be ready to answer questions and discuss your poster.
Review and Selection Process
- Overview: Each submission will undergo a review process by a panel of experts, a mix of Python developers and researchers.
- Criteria: Posters will be selected based on relevance to the conference theme, originality of the work, and clarity of presentation.
For further inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We strongly encourage everyone in the Python community to consider participating in the Poster Session. It's a unique opportunity to share your ideas, learn from others, and contribute to the rich tapestry